Patient Financial Verification Supervisor
Full Time, Days
The Financial Verification Supervisor functions as leadership for the Patient Financial Verification Unit of Central Scheduling Unit and is responsible for the oversight of pre-arrival registration, insurance verification and the eligibility process for clinic visits and a large volume of hospital outpatient services on an annual basis. He/she plans, directs and organizes operations on a daily basis, reallocating personnel as needed to ensure appropriate staffing in all areas. This individual monitors staff performance and patient satisfaction to ensure high-quality service. They will also handle matters of time and attendance, work distribution, disciplinary actions, and performance evaluation. All functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's policy, procedures and mission of cura personalis.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- A minimum of seven to ten years of outpatient registration and insurance experience with one to two years in a supervisory capacity.
- A thorough knowledge of third-party billing requirements preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with medical staff, insurance company representatives and other MGUH and GPG staff.
- Ability to interact with and assist patients of all ages and cultural backgrounds and those with special needs.
- Skilled in the use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, fax, copier, printers, and Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of the GE/IDX scheduling/registration system and/or other automated scheduling/registration system preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance terminology required.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with time constraints while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Must be able to remain calm and use diplomacy when dealing with stressful situations.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Verification, Registration, Registrar, Administrative Assistant, Admin Asst, Receptionist, Scheduler, Scheduling, Schedule, Clerk, Clerical, Secretary, Secretarial, MS Office, Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lead, Leader, Manager, Manage, Supervisor, Supervisory, Coordinator, Coordinate
Payment Posting Representative | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #33086
Central Scheduling Associate | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #33080
Document Imaging Technician | Medical Records | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #33058
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Otolaryngology | Full Time, 8:30 AM - 5 PM | Job #33040
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Outpatient/Inpatient | Full Time, Days | Job #33026
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #33023
Patient Service Coordinator | Wound Center | Full Time, Days | Job #33025
Claims Processing Specialist | Accounts Receivable | Full Time, Days | Job #32989
Manager, Transplant Financial Operations | Transplant | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32960
Central Scheduling Manager | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #32937