Patient Financial Associate
Under the general supervision of the Director of Revenue Cycle Improvement and in close coordination with Clinical Nurse Coordinators and financial staff, coordinates the financial aspects of patients' care in the LCCC. Identifies and obtains information to ensure that the financial needs of LCCC and affiliated clinic patients are properly met and that information is properly captured and shared in order to maximize reimbursement to GUH in support of care for the patients. Serves as LCCC expert in reimbursement rules and acts as advocate for the patient on financial issues, while maintaining excellent customer service levels. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- AA degree.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two years of experience in customer service oriented environment.
- Four years of experience in hospital or physician registration, insurance verification and/or medical billing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency with medical terminology.
- Experience with basic anatomy/physiology.
- Understanding of medical terminology, ICD-9 codes and third-party payer procedures.
- Knowledge of computerized registration, scheduling and billing system a plus.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, AP, AR, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Collection, Collections, Accounting, Finance, Accountant, Financial, Billing, Payment, Bill, Insurance, A/R, A/P, GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Patient Financial Associate | Patient Access | Full-Time, Days | Job #32580
Central Scheduling Associate | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #32579
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32555
Patient Services Coordinator | Otolaryngology | Full Time, Days | Job #32554
Patient Account Analyst II | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32550
Customer Service Representative | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32551
Financial Coordinator | Pulmonary | Full Time, Days | Job #32552
Patient Registration Associate | Various Departments | Full Time, Days, Monday-Friday | Job #32468
Financial Coordinator | Post Transplant Surgery | Full Time, Days | Job #32459
Patient Services Coordinator | Post Transplant Surgery | Full Time, 8am to 12pm to 4:30pm | Job #32414