Under the general supervision of the Director of Revenue Cycle Improvement and in close coordination with Clinical Nurse Coordinators and financial staff, coordinates the financial aspects of patients' care in the LCCC. Identifies and obtains information to ensure that the financial needs of LCCC and affiliated clinic patients are properly met and that information is properly captured and shared in order to maximize reimbursement to MGUH in support of care for the patients. Serves as LCCC expert in reimbursement rules and acts as advocate for the patient on financial issues, while maintaining excellent customer service levels. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Associate's degree. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two years of experience in customer service-oriented environment.
- Four years of experience in hospital or physician registration, insurance verification and/or medical billing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency with medical terminology; experience with basic anatomy/physiology.
- Understanding of medical terminology, ICD-9 codes and third-party payer procedures.
- Knowledge of computerized registration, scheduling and billing system a plus.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.