Patient Financial Associate
Full Time, Days
The individual in this position provides assistance in supporting all of the functions and activities related to patient access in the department including, but not limited to, front-end customer service, accurate patient registration in the approved organization electronic scheduling and billing systems, on-site insurance verification and financial counseling, accurate Time-of-Service (TOS) payment collections, and interfacing with healthcare team. These functions are performed in accordance with MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's (GUH) philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Three years of experience in a medical/clinical office required.
- Experience with computerized registration systems.
- Working knowledge of IDX/GE Centricity Business and SMS/Invision preferred.
- Fluency in medical terminology required.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, as well as good telephone etiquette.
- High level of competence in customer relations in a professional environment.
- Ability to prioritize, organize work and be self-directed.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Registration, Registrar, Administrative Assistant, Admin Asst, Receptionist, Scheduler, Scheduling, Schedule, Clerk, Clerical, Secretary, Secretarial
Patient Financial Associate | Patient Access | Full-Time, Days | Job #32580
Central Scheduling Associate | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #32579
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32555
Patient Services Coordinator | Otolaryngology | Full Time, Days | Job #32554
Patient Account Analyst II | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32550
Customer Service Representative | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32551
Financial Coordinator | Pulmonary | Full Time, Days | Job #32552
Patient Registration Associate | Various Departments | Full Time, Days, Monday-Friday | Job #32468
Financial Coordinator | Post Transplant Surgery | Full Time, Days | Job #32459
Patient Services Coordinator | Post Transplant Surgery | Full Time, 8am to 12pm to 4:30pm | Job #32414