Patient Financial Associate
Full Time, Days
The individual in this position provides assistance in supporting all of the functions and activities related to patient access in the department including, but not limited to, front-end customer service, accurate patient registration in the approved organization electronic scheduling and billing systems, on-site insurance verification and financial counseling, accurate Time-of-Service (TOS) payment collections, and interfacing with healthcare team. These functions are performed in accordance with MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's (MGUH) philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Three years of experience in a medical/clinical office required.
- Experience with computerized registration systems and supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of IDX/GE Centricity Business and SMS/Invision preferred.
- Fluency in medical terminology required.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, as well as good telephone etiquette.
- High level of competence in customer relations in a professional environment.
- Ability to prioritize, organize work and be self-directed.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Registration, Registrar, Administrative Assistant, Admin Asst, Receptionist, Scheduler, Scheduling, Schedule, Clerk, Clerical, Secretary, Secretarial
Payment Posting Representative | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #33086
Central Scheduling Associate | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #33080
Document Imaging Technician | Medical Records | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #33058
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Otolaryngology | Full Time, 8:30 AM - 5 PM | Job #33040
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Outpatient/Inpatient | Full Time, Days | Job #33026
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #33023
Patient Service Coordinator | Wound Center | Full Time, Days | Job #33025
Patient Financial Verification Supervisor | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #32992
Claims Processing Specialist | Accounts Receivable | Full Time, Days | Job #32989
Manager, Transplant Financial Operations | Transplant | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32960