Patient Care Associate
Plastic Surgery - McLean
Full Time, Days
The individual in this position is responsible for a combination of patient access and patient care-related activities in the ambulatory setting in the Department of Plastic Surgery. These functions may include, but are not limited to, front-end customer service, registration, scheduling, and assisting physicians and nurses during ambulatory care visits. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or equivalent GED.
- Completion of Nursing Assistant/Medical Assistant course strongly preferred.
- Phlebotomy training/certification preferred.
- Certification by an accredited professional organization, i.e., National Healthcareer Association (NHA), American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), or American Medical Technologists (AMT), preferred. If not certified/registered at the date of hire, must do so within six months of hire date.
- CPR certification required.
- One year of experience in healthcare setting, preferably an ambulatory setting.
- Experience with computerized scheduling and registration systems and electronic health record system desired, especially GE Centricity Clinical or Aria.
- Working knowledge of IDX/GE Centricity Business preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills and good phone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to maintain a safe work environment.
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and as directed.
- Skill in taking vital signs and recording results in EHR.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment and to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to read, understand and respond to detailed oral and written instructions and to organize and prioritize work.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Nurse's Aide, Nurse Assistant, Nursing Assistant, CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, NA, GNA, Patient Care Technician, PCT, Clinical Technician, CHHA, HHA, Home Health Aide, Medical Assistant, CMA, RMA, Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant
Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN II | General Internal Medicine | Full Time, Days | Job #33006
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Coordinator | Orthopaedics | Full Time, 7:30 AM - 4 PM | Job #32935
Patient Placement Coordinator, LPN / RN | Patient Placement | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32820
Patient Placement Coordinator, LPN / RN | Patient Placement | Full Time | Job #32805
Clinical Technician | Surgery Center | Full Time, Evenings | Job #32729
Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN II | Otolaryngology | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #32549
Certified Office Medical Assistant | Various Departments | Full Time, Days, Monday-Friday | Job #32477
Nursing Assistant | Various Units | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32217
Nursing Assistant | Nursing, 6 Bles | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #32523
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department, G-CCC | Full Time, Days | Job #32456