Advocacy & International Services
Full Time, 8 AM - 5 PM
Patient Advocates act as impartial members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team to identify, assess and refer issues or concerns of patients, families or providers in all care settings within GUH and the physician group practice. By acting as the "voice" of the patient and family, the advocates ensure that concerns or perceptions are heard in order to work toward a resolution in the provision of high-quality care. The Patient Advocates identify, assess and refer issues or concerns appropriately when there is a potential risk to the patient, provider or the organization. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and GUH philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- BSN or BA/BS degree in healthcare-related field.
- Willingness to certify for Notary Public in the District of Columbia.
- Minimum of four years of experience in healthcare, consumer advocacy, patient relations, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience with patients and families in an inpatient setting.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team and multicultural environment.
- Ability to defuse stressful situations and resolve issues.
- Well-developed listening, interpretative and conciliation skills.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Customer Service, Information, Info, Advocate, Advocacy, Liaison, Coordinate, Coordinator, Patient Relations
Oncology Genetics Counselor | Hematology/Oncology | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #32556
PACU Suite Attendant | 7 West, Procedural Post-Anesthesia Care Unit | Full Time, Evenings | Job #32513
Ophthalmic Technician | Ophthalmology | Full Time, Days | Job #32401
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department | Full Time, Days | Job #32334
Cardiovascular Technologist / Radiology Technologist | Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory | Full Time, Days | Job #32145
Ophthalmic Technician | Ophthalmology | PRN / Per Diem, Days, As Needed | Job #32559
Sleep Technologist | Sleep Laboratory | PRN / Per Diem, Nights | Job #32542
Surgical Liaison | Surgical Administration | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #30934
Clinical Technician | Surgery Center | Full Time, Days | Job #32348
PICU Short-Term Contract Nurse | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2 | Job #31537