Patient Account Analyst II
MedStar Physicians' Billing Services
Full Time, Days
Under general supervision, perform accounts receivable follow-up/collection procedures to obtain timely reimbursement from third-party carriers and other payment sources on moderately complicated invoices in Tier 2. Tier 2 is a portion of one billion dollars of annual accounts receivable that have medium to high balances and medium to high processing complexity. Perform collection activity for assigned divisions, third-party carriers and individual providers. Maintain contacts with third-party carriers and communicate billing/reimbursement changes to management in a timely manner. Assists in evaluation of A/R and participate in development of collection strategies to decrease outstanding A/R. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Health's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree preferred.
- Consideration will be given to appropriate combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum three years of progressively responsible experience in hospital/physician patient accounts or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience and proficiency using an automated billing system; GE IDX and ETM experience preferred.
- Effective negotiating skills to include ability to resolve complex billing and collection situations with individual patients or third-party payers.
- Proactive problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret data and related information and to discern trends and tendencies, as well as determine appropriate course of action.
- Ability to work as part of team, set goals, prioritize work, and assist in the coordination and execution of work.
- Ability to assist in the following areas: leading, monitoring daily activities, evaluating, training, and motivating performance of team members.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of ETM, basic operation of hardware and work processing and spreadsheet packages, preferably Microsoft.
- Knowledge of relevant billing and collection laws and regulations and hospital protocols.
- Knowledge of third-party claims and diagnostic coding to include ICD-9/10 and CPT coding.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, AP, AR, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Collection, Collections, Accounting, Finance, Financial, Billing, Payment, Bill, Insurance, A/R, A/P, GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Accountant, Audit, Auditing, Auditor, Analysis, Analyst, Business
Radiology Pre-Authorization Associate | Radiology | Full Time, Days | Job #32586
Patient Financial Associate | Patient Access | Full-Time, Days | Job #32580
Central Scheduling Associate | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #32579
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32555
Patient Services Coordinator | Otolaryngology | Full Time, Days | Job #32554
Customer Service Representative | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32551
Financial Coordinator | Pulmonary | Full Time, Days | Job #32552
Patient Registration Associate | Various Departments | Full Time, Days, Monday-Friday | Job #32468
Financial Coordinator | Post Transplant Surgery | Full Time, Days | Job #32459
Patient Services Coordinator | Post Transplant Surgery | Full Time, 8am to 12pm to 4:30pm | Job #32414