Patient Account Analyst II
Full Time, Days
Under general supervision, perform accounts receivable follow-up/collection procedures to obtain timely reimbursement from third-party carriers and other payment sources on moderately complicated invoices in Tier 2. Tier 2 is a portion of one billion dollars of annual accounts receivable that have medium to high balances and medium to high processing complexity. Perform collection activity for assigned divisions, third-party carriers and individual providers. Maintain contacts with third-party carriers and communicate billing/reimbursement changes to management in timely manner. Assist in evaluation of A/R and participate in development of collection strategies to decrease outstanding A/R. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Health's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelors' or Associate's degree preferred.
- Consideration will be given to appropriate combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum three years of progressively responsible experience in hospital/physician patient accounts or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience and proficiency using an automated billing system; GE IDX and ETM experience preferred.
- Effective negotiating skills to include ability to resolve complex billing and collection situations with individual patients or third-party payers.
- Proactive problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret data and related information, discern trends and tendencies, and determine appropriate course of action.
- Ability to work as part of team, set goals, prioritize work and assist in the coordination and execution of work.
- Ability to assist in the following areas: leading, monitoring daily activities, and evaluating, training, and motivating performance of team members.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of ETM and basic operation of hardware and work processing and spreadsheet packages, preferably Microsoft.
- Knowledge of relevant billing and collection laws and regulations, as well as hospital protocols.
- Knowledge of third-party claims and diagnostic coding to include ICD 9/10 and CPT coding.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, AP, AR, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Collection, Collections, Accounting, Finance, Financial, Billing, Payment, Bill, Insurance, A/R, A/P, GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Accountant, Audit, Auditing, Auditor, Analysis, Analyst, Business
Customer Service Representative | Accounts Receivable | Full Time, Days | Job #33252
Provider Enrollment Representative | Accounts Receivable | Full Time, Days | Job #33251
Patient Registration Associate | Lombardi Clinic | Full Time, Days | Job #33238
Patient Account Analyst I | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time | Job #33235
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Surgery | Full Time, 8:30 AM - 5 PM | Job #33234
Revenue Cycle Liaison | Accounts Receivable | Full Time, Days | Job #33232
Customer Service Representative | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #33225
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | Accounts Receivable | Full Time, Days | Job #33223
Medical Records Billing Expeditor | Health Information | Full Time, 7 AM - 3:30 PM | Job #33110
Patient Account Analyst II | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #33106