Patient Account Analyst I
MedStar Physicians' Billing Services
Full Time, Days
Perform accounts receivable follow-up/collection procedures to obtain timely reimbursement from third-party carriers and other payment sources on insurance invoice balance in Tier I. Tier I is a portion of the more than one billion dollars of annual accounts receivable that have lower balances and low to medium processing complexity. Perform collection activity for assigned divisions, third-party carriers and individual providers. Maintain contacts with third-party carriers and communicate billing/reimbursement changes to management in a timely manner. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Health's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Minimum two years of related experience preferred.
- Experience and proficiency using an automated billing system; GE IDX and ETM experience preferred.
- Knowledge of ICD-9/10 and CPT-4 coding as it relates to third-party carrier reimbursement.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local legal and regulatory provisions that relate to collection activities.
- Knowledge of third-party carrier operating procedures and practices, particularly as they relate to levels and methods of reimbursement.
- Skill in defining problems, collecting data and interpreting billing information.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions.
- Proficiency in use of computer and calculator.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, AP, AR, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Collection, Collections, Accounting, Finance, Accountant, Financial, Billing, Payment, Bill, Insurance, A/R, A/P, GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Central Scheduling Associate | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #33100
Central Scheduling Associate | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #33099
Payment Posting Representative | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #33086
Central Scheduling Associate | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #33080
Document Imaging Technician | Medical Records | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #33058
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Otolaryngology | Full Time, 8:30 AM - 5 PM | Job #33040
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Outpatient/Inpatient | Full Time, Days | Job #33026
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #33023
Patient Service Coordinator | Wound Center | Full Time, Days | Job #33025
Patient Financial Verification Supervisor | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #32992