MedStar Georgetown’s centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown’s healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
General Summary of Position:
Perform accounts receivable follow-up/collection procedures to obtain timely reimbursement from third party carriers and other payment sources. Perform collection activity for assigned divisions, third party carriers and individual providers. Maintain contacts with third party carriers and communicate billing/reimbursement changes to management in timely manner. Assist in evaluation of A/R and participate in development of collection strategies to decrease outstanding A/R. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- High school diploma or GED; some college preferred.
- Minimum two years collection experience in a medical billing operations.
- Experience and proficiency using an automated A/R billing system. Knowledge of ICD9 and CPT4 coding as it relates to third party carrier reimbursement.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local legal and regulatory provisions that relate to collection activities.
- Knowledge of third party carrier operating procedures and practices -- particularly as they related to levels and methods of reimbursement. Skill in defining problems, collecting data, interpreting billing information.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness, to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions.
- Proficiency in use of computer and calculator.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.