Full Time, Days
Provides primary ophthalmic care to patients acting as an assistant to physicians in the Department of Ophthalmology. Performs complete ophthalmic history and preliminary examinations, subspecialty tests and contact lens work. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Training from an accredited Ophthalmic Technician/Technologist site or successful completion of Ophthalmic Assistant course preferred.
- Certification strongly preferred; non-certified candidates must obtain certification within six months.
- CPR certification preferred.
- Three years of ophthalmic experience.
- Knowledge of professional ophthalmic theory, practice and medical care to give to and evaluate patients.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional Ophthalmic Technicians/Technologists to provide ongoing patient care.
- Skill in taking both medical and ocular histories to assess ocular conditions and interpret findings.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to remain calm and effective in emergency situations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Eye, Ophthalmology, Ophthalmologist, COA, Certified Ophthalmology Assistant, COT, Certified Ophthalmology Technician, Ophthalmic, Ocular
Oncology Genetics Counselor | Hematology/Oncology | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #32556
PACU Suite Attendant | 7 West, Procedural Post-Anesthesia Care Unit | Full Time, Evenings | Job #32513
Patient Advocate | Advocacy & International Services | Full Time, 8 AM - 5 PM | Job #32432
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department | Full Time, Days | Job #32334
Cardiovascular Technologist / Radiology Technologist | Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory | Full Time, Days | Job #32145
Ophthalmic Technician | Ophthalmology | PRN / Per Diem, Days, As Needed | Job #32559
Sleep Technologist | Sleep Laboratory | PRN / Per Diem, Nights | Job #32542
Surgical Liaison | Surgical Administration | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #30934
Clinical Technician | Surgery Center | Full Time, Days | Job #32348
PICU Short-Term Contract Nurse | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2 | Job #31537