Maintains the cleanliness of the Surgery Center; transports patients to and from the Surgery Center; assists with designated inventory, receiving, and storage functions; and maintains supply levels of designated basic items in appropriate areas of the department. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or the equivalent (GED).
- One year of experience in a hospital setting in a similar position, as a Nursing Assistant, or in Central Sterile Supply or Environmental Services preferred.
- Very organized.
- Must be able to read and write and know basic math.
- Able to work quickly and accurately.
- Reliable and able to follow detailed instructions.
- Able to work under stress and remain calm in emergency situations.
- Communication skills required to interact with patients and all levels of staff.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.