The incumbent in this position coordinates communications and functions of the individual surgical suite control desk (Inpatient OR, SDS, Endourology) to ensure a smooth-running and efficient surgical schedule. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or the equivalent (GED).
- One year of Operations Control Clerk experience.
- Two years of hospital work experience as a medical secretary or a unit secretary.
- One year of O.R-certified Tech experience preferred.
- Experience in an acute care facility desired.
- Knowledge of medical/surgical terminology required.
- Experience working with multiple telephone lines highly desirable.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Office skills, which include knowledge and operational use of automated systems and pneumatic tube system.
- Ability to maintain emotional controls and functions in a very high activity area and under stress during emergent and non-emergent situations.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.