Coordinates and delivers training offered by the Human Resources department. Serves as resource for system and organizational training tools, including, but not limited to, annual mandatory competencies. Delivers MedStar Georgetown University Hospital’s New Employee Orientation and other organization-wide events. Completes all onboarding activities for new hires, rehires and transfers. Ensures proper pre-employment documentation is completed, including accurate entry of data into HRIS systems. These responsibilities are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Must be able to deliver high-quality services that help the client meet specific outcomes.
- Ability to work collaboratively within department and across HR functions.
- Facilitation skills with general knowledge of group dynamics and of adult learning.
- Systems thinking and business acumen.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software preferred.
- Must have strong organizational and excellent customer service and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.