Coordinates and delivers training offered by the Human Resources department. Serves as resource for system and organizational tools including, but not limited to, annual mandatory competencies. Coordinates MGUH orientation and other organization-wide events. Supports Human Resources with general office duties. These responsibilities are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- EDUCATION/TRAINING: Bachelor's degree preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: Three to five years of related experience.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Must be able to deliver high-quality services that help the client meet specific outcomes. Ability to work collaboratively within department and across HR functions. Facilitation skills with general knowledge of group dynamics and of adult learning. Systems thinking and business acumen. Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software preferred. Must have strong organizational and excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously. Needs excellent computer skills, including word processing (e.g., WordPerfect, Word), desktop publishing (e.g., PowerPoint or PageMaker) and database management.
Consideration will be given to an appropriate combination of education/training and experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and executes organization programs and events, including content delivery.
- Provides on-site systems support by responding to phone calls related to these programs and events.
- Documents procedures and content. Evaluates and revises programs to meet the customers' needs. Reports and documents consistent problems, issues and trends to management.
- Presents and coordinates MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Orientation and New Manager Orientation to include, but not limited to, delivering content, coordinating speakers and materials, managing registration, ordering food, and reserving rooms. Interacts with other HR staff to ensure a successful delivery of orientation.
- Coordinates organization-wide events, such as the Career/Educational Expo and the Benefits Fair.
- Manages and updates various systems to include, but not limited to, MedStar's e-Learning system, applicant tracking system, background screening system, etc., by serving as Resource Manager for MGUH. Duties include, but are not limited to, loading content, managing users and writing content for internal education and delivery. Includes interface and support to department super users. Participates in vendor meetings and manages vendors to uphold service level agreements.
- Content resource manager (CRM) for various human resources sites, which may include, but are not limited to, MGUH intranet and career site. Coordinates with organizational and corporate departments as needed.
- Provides administrative support for the Director of Human Resources, including, but not limited to, writing and updating manuals and protocols.
- General office duties: Assists with answering telephones and walk-in inquiries, directing questions/concerns to the appropriate personnel. Orders training materials and supplies, schedules rooms and orders food.
- Directs and supervises the work of student help (program assistants), as needed.
- Enhances personal professional growth through development of and participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area.
The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this position and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.