Plans, organizes and manages aspects of financial, budgetary and functions for the Department of Medicine. Participates in strategic planning related to budget development, performing financial forecasting, financial reporting and auditing. Responsible for sophisticated financial analyses related to potential managed care and capitated risk agreements, recruitment of additional faculty, development of new programs, and purchase of equipment or software. Designs and develops financial and operational models supported by appropriate statistical analyses for testing of strategies to reduce expense, increase operational efficiencies, improve productivity, and maximize revenues. Prepares reports and presentations as required by the Chair or Executive Director of the Georgetown Physicians Group (GPG). These functions are performed in accordance with MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards, including Commitment to Caring and Coworker programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Finance in addition to an MBA is required.
- Minimum of five years of fiscal management experience, including at least three years in a healthcare setting, preferably in a large academic medical center.
- Must have thorough knowledge and working familiarity of statistical analysis and modeling techniques, in addition to principles of financial management, and budgetary practices.
- Must have working knowledge of frequently used general ledger and payroll software packages and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess knowledge of governmental healthcare fiscal regulations and reporting requirements, including Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, and grants/contracts requirements.
- Must be capable of exercise a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and self-directed decision making.
- Must be highly skilled in identifying and resolving problems;.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to present complicated financial concepts to large and diverse audiences.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.