Office Medical Assistant II
Full Time, 8:30 AM - 4 PM
Performs a variety of patient care-related activities to assist physicians and nursing staff in the Lombardi Cancer Center clinical areas. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or equivalent GED.
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant program required.
- BLS/CPR certification required.
- One to two years of work experience in a healthcare setting, preferably an outpatient setting.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to maintain a safe work environment.
- Skill in assisting with a variety of treatments as directed.
- Skill in taking vital signs and recording results.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, peers, medical staff, and the public.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to read, understand and respond to detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Computer skills and aptitude, preferably experience with EHR systems.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Nurse's Aide, Nurse Assistant, Nursing Assistant, CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, NA, GNA, Patient Care Technician, PCT, CHHA, HHA, Home Health Aide, Medical Assistant, CMA, RMA, Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant
Patient Placement Coordinator, LPN / RN | Patient Placement | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32820
Patient Placement Coordinator, LPN / RN | Patient Placement | Full Time | Job #32805
Clinical Technician | Surgery Center | Full Time, Evenings | Job #32729
Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN II | Otolaryngology | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #32549
Certified Office Medical Assistant | Various Departments | Full Time, Days, Monday-Friday | Job #32477
Nursing Assistant | Various Units | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32217
O.R. Suite Attendant | Operating Room | Full Time, Days | Job #32090
Nursing Assistant | Nursing - 4 Bles | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts, 7am to 7:30pm to 7:30am | Job #32683
Nursing Assistant | Nursing, 6 Bles | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #32523
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department | Full Time, Days | Job #32334