The incumbent in this position is a PRN staff therapist who participates in the evaluation and treatment of patients based upon current principles and practices of OT. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Graduate of accredited school of OT or COTA with completion of the AOTA certification exam.
- Current D.C. license or qualified candidate for D.C. license as an Occupational Therapist and certification by the OT Certification Board.
- Current CPR certification.
- Entry-level, basic education as defined in education with certification requirements.
- Demonstration of baseline knowledge of relevant OT practice and flexibility.
- Emotionally mature; can objectively analyze situations, identify and problem solve, listen, and express oneself orally and in writing.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.
New Hire Bonus! | Rehabilitation - Therapy | Full Time | MedStar Georgetown University Hospital | Job #19122