The Nurse Recruiters at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital are seeking an organized and professional team player with excellent people skills to join our fast-paced, collaborative, upbeat, and supportive team.
The ideal candidate for this role will be detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to multitask in a high-volume office with excellent communication skills and a capacity to be a jack of all trades. Microsoft suite, including MS Excel, knowledge is required. This position is a forward-facing and administrative role, in which you will help impact the lives of countless people each day by driving hospital initiatives forward and helping to hire the nurses that provide our patients top-notch care every day. In this role you will:
- Provide administrative and recruitment support for the Division of Nursing.
- Assist with recruitment and onboarding for nearly 400 nursing positions per year.
- Plan large-scale events both locally and regionally.
- Collect, analyze and present various data metrics.
- Leverage data-driven best practices to develop and implement quality improvement processes.
- Provide analyses to support management in budgetary decision making.
- Coordinate various community services efforts.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, teaching and research hospital located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Our mission of cura personalis is what sets us apart—and makes MedStar Georgetown a special place to work.
This position is a wonderful opportunity to establish a career in the healthcare field, form relationships with executive leaders, and advance within MedStar, an extensive regional health network throughout Maryland, Northern Virginia and the Washington, D.C. metro area and one of the “Best Places to Work” as named by the Baltimore Business Journal and the Washington Business Journal.
General Summary of Position:
Performs a variety of administratively related nursing support functions for nurse recruitment and nursing quality improvement under the supervision of the AVP, Operational Support and the Nurse Recruitment Department. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital’s philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- BS/BA degree is required.
- A minimum of three years of comparable administrative experience required.
- Previous statistical data analysis and work in a large, complex nursing environment strongly preferred.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze large volumes of statistical data.
- Ability to work well with a variety of different personnel.
- Ability to type between 55 and 60 words per minute.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, file maintenance and facility with Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe.
- Other database management and spreadsheet application knowledge preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Must have ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks to produce results by established deadlines.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.