The incumbent in this position performs a full range of molecular imaging procedures. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Must be a graduate of an AMA-approved school of nuclear medicine technology.
- As part of their education, candidates must also demonstrate competency in didactic coursework and specified list of clinical procedures by completing competency requirements established for the discipline in which they are seeking certification and registration.
- Must have or be eligible for certification in any of the following: (ARRT) NM American Registry for Radiologic Technologists, Nuclear Medicine, (NMTCB) CNMT Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board, or (ASCP) NM American Society of Clinical Pathologists Nuclear Medicine.
- The technologist must become CPR-certified and must demonstrate competency.
- Associates must comply with the ARRT, CNMTCB, or ASCP rules and regulations and the ARRT Standards of Ethics.
- One year of hospital-based experience is preferred.
- Must demonstrate ability in operating molecular imaging equipment and the administration of radiopharmaceutical agents and non-narcotic medication used for diagnostic imaging.
- Must have basic knowledge of nuclear medicine theory and techniques and radiation safety practices, as well as good knowledge of specialized and complex molecular imaging procedures.
- Ability to work under stressful and emergent situations.
- Effective communication skills.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.