Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Technician
Full Time, 7:30 AM - 4PM
The incumbent in this position will perform non-invasive testing for use in the diagnosis of heart and vascular diseases. This includes exercise stress testing, pacemaker evaluation, tilt table, Holter monitor, SAECG, transtelephonic monitoring, ECG, and respiratory analysis. The cardiovascular technologist facilitates the operational activities of these functions. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Associate or Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
Current registration or registry-eligible (sit for exam with 1 year of hire) in one of the following with BLS (PALS and or ACLS is preferred):
- Accreditation as an Exercise Test Technologist by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Registered Cardiovascular Technologist (CVT) by the American Society for Cardiovascular Professionals
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- Certified Cardiovascular Technician (CCT)
- One year of experience preferred.
- Current knowledge in the field of cardiovascular physiology, coronary disease and multiple system illnesses.
- Familiarity with effective methods of patient and family teaching.
- Individual must be adaptable in order to perform in all aspects of non-invasive cardiovascular testing.
- The individual must be able to remain calm and function in emergency situations.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Catheter, Catheterization, Lab, Cardiology, Cardiac, Heart, Cardiovascular, Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, CICU, PCCU, Progressive Coronary Care Unit, Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist, RCIS, Registered Cardiovascular Technologist, RCVT, Radiology Tech, RT, Technologist, Technician, Cardiovascular Credentialing International, CCI, EKG, ECG, Electrocardiography, Electrocardiogram, Echocardiography, Interventional
PACU Suite Attendant | Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #33203
Transplant Navigator | Transplant | Full Time, Days | Job #33162
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department, G-CCC | Full Time, Days | Job #32456
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department | Full Time, Nights | Job #32833
Child Life Education Specialist | Pediatrics - Child Life | Full Time, 8 AM - 5 PM | Job #32783
Health Physics Technician | Radiation Safety | Part Time, 8am-12pm, Monday-Friday | Job #32905
Newborn Hearing Screener | Otolaryngology - Audiology Division | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #33163
Rehabilitation Technician | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Outpatient/Inpatient | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #32697
Ophthalmic Technician | Ophthalmology | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #32559
Clinical Technician | Operating Room Holding | Full Time, Days | Job #33043