The incumbent in this position will perform non-invasive testing for use in the diagnosis of heart and vascular diseases. This includes exercise stress testing, pacemaker evaluation, tilt table, Holter monitor, SAECG, transtelephonic monitoring, ECG, and respiratory analysis. The cardiovascular technologist facilitates the operational activities of these functions. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Associate's or Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
- Current registration or registry-eligible (sit for exam with 1 year of hire) in one of the following: accreditation as an Exercise Test Technologist by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), Registered Cardiovascular Technologist (CVT) by the American Society for Cardiovascular Professionals, Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), Certified Cardiovascular Technician (CCT).
- PALS and/or ACLS is preferred.
- One of year experience preferred.
- Current knowledge in the field of cardiovascular physiology, coronary disease and multiple system illnesses, as well as familiarity with effective methods of patient and family teaching.
- Individual must be adaptable in order to perform in all aspects of non-invasive cardiovascular testing.
- The individual must be able to remain calm and function in emergency situations.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.