Radiology - New Mexico Avenue
Full Time, Days
The incumbent in this position, under general supervision, will perform a variety of procedures that require the application of ionizing radiation and/or high-frequency ultrasonic exams for diagnostic purposes. The Multi-Modality Technologist who is certified or competent in more than one imaging modality, including diagnostic x-ray, mammography, CAT scan, DXA, or ultrasound, will perform examinations in accordance with established protocols, as requested by referring physicians and as directed by the radiologists. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Associate's degree with ARRT certification; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must be ARRT-registered and have completed training in an accredited radiology program.
- RDMS-registered or registry-eligible within one year of start date.
- This technologist must be CPR-certified and may need to be IV-certified, depending on area of responsibility, and demonstrate competency in both areas.
- Applicants must have a minimum of two years of diagnostic radiology experience and be trained in CT, mammography and ultrasound or willing to train.
- Preference will be given to applicants with prior US, mammography and CT experience.
- Must be totally versed in transverse and cross-sectional anatomical and pathological presentations.
- Must be familiar with and able to perform and/or learn the technical operations associated with CT.
- Must be able to work under stressful and emergent situations.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Magnetic Resonance imaging, MRI, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging, NMRI, Magnetic Resonance Tomography, MRT, Computed Tomography, CT, Ultrasound, US, Interventional Radiology, IR, Vascular Interventional Radiology, VIR, Technician, Technologist, Tech, RRT, Computerized Tomography, American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, ARRT, Sonography, Sonographer, American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography, ARDMS
Specialty X-Ray Technologist | Radiology - New Mexico Avenue | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Radiology at Foxhall Square – New Mexico Avenue | Job #32990
Echocardiographic Technologist (Cardiac Sonographer) | Echocardiography | Full Time, 7:30 AM - 4 PM | Job #32827
Mammography Technologist | Breast Imaging Center | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #32926
X-Ray Technologist | Radiology | Full Time, Nights | Job #32565
Angiography Technologist | Interventional Radiology | Full Time, Days | Job #30812
Specialty X-Ray Technologist | Breast Imaging Center | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #33009
Specialty X-Ray Technologist (CT) | Breast Imaging Center | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #31960