Performs specimen testing and analyses on patient samples to aid the clinician in providing patient care services. Ensures that all quality control, quality assurance and equipment maintenance is documented and maintained according to standards. Provides exceptional customer service as needed. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- BS degree required, preferably in Medical Laboratory Science or a related field.
- One year of laboratory experience preferred.
- ASCP, NCA or ABHI certification required. Eligible candidates will be accepted and expected to sit and pass certification exam within the first 12 months of employment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to meet expectations relative to the purpose of the position and perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience, and/or ability required to perform this position successfully.
- Considerable and current knowledge of principles, methods and techniques of clinical laboratory science.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge with accuracy in the completion of complex tests.
- Problem-solving capability with the ability to assess accuracy of results.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.