Islet Cell Laboratory
Full Time, Days
Performs specimen testing and analyses on patient samples to aid the clinician in providing patient care services. Ensures that all quality control, quality assurance and equipment maintenance is documented and maintained according to standards. Provides exceptional customer service as needed. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- BS degree required, preferably in Medical Laboratory Science or a related field.
- ASCP, NCA or ABHI certification required. Eligible candidates will be accepted and expected to sit and pass certification exam within the first 12 months of employment.
- One year of laboratory experience preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to meet expectations relative to the purpose of the position and perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience, and/or ability required to perform this position successfully.
- Considerable and current knowledge of principles, methods and techniques of clinical laboratory science.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge with accuracy in the completion of complex tests.
- Problem-solving capability with the ability to assess accuracy of results.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, MT, MLT, Medical Technician, Medical Lab Technician, Technologist, Tech, MLS, Medical Lab Scientist, American Society for Clinical Pathology, ASCLS, American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science, Pathology
Receiving & Accessioning Technician | Pathology | Full Time, Days | Job #32624
Medical Technologist | Histocompatibility | Full Time, Nights | Job #32481
Medical Technologist | Chemistry | Full Time, Evenings | Job #32471
Phlebotomist | Specimen Collection | Full Time, Days | Job #32402
Medical Technologist | Molecular Biology | Full Time, Days | Job #32398
Pathologists' Assistant | Sign-On Bonus/Relocation Opportunity | Full Time, Days | Job #31620
Medical Technologist | Chemistry | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #32566
PICU Short-Term Contract Nurse | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2 | Job #31537
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Intermediate Vascular / Telemetry Medical/Surgical Unit, 4 East | Full Time, Rotating Shifts with Opportunity for Fixed Shifts | Job #15511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant - 2 Bles | Full Time | Job #15874