PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts
Performs specimen testing and analyses of patient samples to aid the clinician in providing patient care services. Ensures that all quality control, quality assurance and equipment maintenance is documented and maintained according to standards. Provides exceptional customer service as needed. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- BS degree required, preferably in Medical Laboratory Science or a related field.
- ASCP, NCA or ABHI certification required. Eligible candidates will be accepted and expected to sit and pass certification exam within the first 12 months of employment.
- 1 year of laboratory experience preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to meet expectations relative to the purpose of the position and perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience, and/or ability required to perform this position successfully.
- Considerable and current knowledge of principles, methods and techniques of clinical laboratory science.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge with accuracy in the completion of complex tests.
- Problem-solving capability with the ability to assess accuracy of results.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, MT, MLT, Medical Technician, Medical Lab Technician, Technologist, Tech, MLS, Medical Lab Scientist, American Society for Clinical Pathology, ASCLS, American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science, Pathology
Medical Technologist I | Histocompatibility | Full Time, Evenings | Job #33257
Medical Technologist I | Chemistry | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #33258
Phlebotomy Team Coordinator | Laboratory - Specimen Collection | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #33228
Receiving & Accessioning Techician | Chemistry | Full Time, Nights | Job #33102
Medical Technologist I | Chemistry | Full Time, Days | Job #33068
Medical Technologist I | Blood Bank | PRN / Per Diem, Evenings | Job #33256