This position is responsible for ongoing and daily analysis and investigation of the Siemens-generated Discharge Not Final Billed reports that include Alpha Di and the Outpatient Exception Reports. This position functions in an independent and analytical capacity to coordinate the quick resolution of unreconciled discharged medical records, data integrity, patient status, patient type, charge entry, and documentation issues that prevent the immediate coding of inpatient and outpatient accounts. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Associate's degree required.
- 2-3 years of comparable experience.
- Experience with Siemens Patient Management modules and HIM Reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clinical staff, physician offices and ancillary support staff.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple business and time demands.
- Ability to concentrate on detailed work for extended period of time with minimal supervision.
- Must be proficient in Excel.
- Must be able to competently assess current processes, make recommendations for resolution, and follow recommendations through to implementation.
Good oral and written communications.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.