Media Relations Specialist
Public Affairs & Marketing
Full Time, Days
Assists Director of Media Relations with media outreach, Web updates and monitoring. Appropriately uses and monitors social media to promote the hospital and to foster positive media relationships. Escorts media representatives on physician and patient interviews, obtains necessary legal consents for such, and assists with planning and execution of press conferences. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Four-year degree in communications, journalism or marketing.
- 1-3 years of experience in fields of media, marketing, journalism or communications.
- Strong computer and graphic design skills, as well as experience working with social media and local or national news outlets preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and diplomacy necessary to interact well with physicians and patients.
- Strong writing skills a must.
- Ability to effectively identify, package and disseminate news.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Must be able to balance multiple work assignments that are time-sensitive, and exercise judgment when setting priorities for the accomplishment of those assignments.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Marketing, Marketer, American Marketing Association, MarketingPower, Business Communication, Public Relations, PRSA, IABC, International Association of Business Communicators, Journalism, Journalist