The EOC System Manager will exercise responsibility and accountability for the improvement of customer satisfaction in all Environment of Care areas. Through regular meetings and surveys, this position will initiate direct contact with department managers, receive all problems and concerns, and help to resolve any issues related to the EOC. They will be responsible for an appropriate and timely corrective action plan to resolve operational issues under the EOC. The System Manager will attend monthly EOC meetings and will be responsible for follow-up and execution on all open EOC committee action grid items. The System Manager will demonstrate excellent customer service skills and will lead the patient satisfaction and performance improvement initiatives. This position will monitor financial performance and will provide regular updates to the Director of Environment of Care. The position will have direct responsibility to support the Director, Environment of Care in the daily function of all areas under the Environment of Care. This position reports to the Director of Environment of Care. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of three to five years of experience managing the administrative aspects of a department such as described.
- In addition to the computer/database literacy described below, the candidate should have experience with the procurement and supply process, finance process (i.e., ability to understand budget statements and work with accounting and vendors to resolve discrepancies.). Experience providing this function in a technically oriented environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of hospital operations, medical terminology, human resource management practices, and fiscal management.
- Candidate should be computer literate with specific knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel or other spreadsheet software, and Access or other database software.
- Experience with specialized database operations, particularly serving as System Administrator for such a system is particularly sought.
- Finance, bookkeeping and budgetary management skills are required.
- Position requires excellent communication and customary service-oriented PR skills, since it represents a front-line position in the department for both internal and external customers and clients.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Individual should demonstrate good judgment and initiative.
- Must be able to problem-solve and implement decisions efficiently.
- Ability to multi-task and work with complex data.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.