The incumbent in this position provides patients, families of patients, visitors, and medical center employees with a pleasant, comfortable, safe, functional, and aesthetically attractive environment consistent with the standards established by MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, the District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA), and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Under minimal supervision, the incumbent makes daily routine inspections of assigned areas within the medical center complex, completes assigned preventive, corrective, and casualty prevention maintenance duties in the inspection, operation, repair, alteration and modification of equipment, machinery, buildings and facilities. The incumbent also maintains effective communications and working relationships with customers. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital’s philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Requires five to eight years of experience in a maintenance position or in a construction trade having demonstrated high level of skill and knowledge.
- HVAC mechanical, electrical or carpentry backgrounds are acceptable.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
- Must demonstrate technical trade skills and knowledge in a broad variety of maintenance crafts.
- Computer literacy desired.
- Must be able to safely maintain and operate portable electrical tools.
- Must be proficient in documentation and recordation.
- High self-management ability within guidelines to estimate and allocate time needed to perform tasks and to solicit assistance and advice when needed.
- Capacity to exercise independent judgement—when to perform, when to consult when to defer to other resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed for consultation with members of own work group, for cooperation of rest department, and for maintaining outstanding customer relations.
- Requires knowledge, understanding and ability to observe safety rules, procedures and practices, including the proper use of safety equipment as defined by OSHA and industry standards.
- Ability to identify and avoid hazards as indicated by warning labels, signage, lights and other warning devices.
- Ability to perform work within reasonable lengths to time as measured against trade, industry or engineered standards.
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with customers and co-workers.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.