Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technologist
Full Time, Rotating Shifts
The incumbent in this position performs a full range of MR exams in accordance with established protocols. Adheres to the strict guidance of MR safety policies and procedures. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Must be a graduate of an AMA-approved of radiology technology program (ARRT) and advanced certification in MR is preferred.
- As part of their education, candidates must also demonstrate competency in didactic coursework and an ARRT-specified list of clinical procedures by completing competency requirements established for the discipline in which they are seeking certification and registration.
- Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists (RMRIT) or ARRT. Within 1 year of hire, must obtain ARRT advanced certification in MR.
- The technologist must become CPR and IV-certified within 30 days of hire.
- Associates must comply with the ARRT or RMRIT rules and regulations and the ARRT or RMRIT Standards of Ethics.
- Experience not required; however, one year of hospital-based MR experience is preferred.
- Must know or be able to learn transverse and cross-sectional anatomical and pathological presentations.
- Must be familiar with and able to perform and/or learn the technical operations associated with this modality.
- Must be able to work under stressful and emergent situations.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Magnetic Resonance imaging, MRI, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging, NMRI, Magnetic Resonance Tomography, MRT, Computed Tomography, CT, Ultrasound, Interventional Radiology, IR, Vascular Interventional Radiology, VIR, Technician, Technologist, Tech, RRT, Computerized Tomography, American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, ARRT, Sonography, Sonographer, American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography, ARDMS
X-Ray Technologist | Radiology | Full Time, Nights | Job #32565
Multi-Modality Supervisor | Nuclear Medicine | Full Time, Days | Job #32299
X-Ray Technologist | Radiology | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #32536
Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Technician | Echocardiography | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #32488
Specialty X-Ray Technologist (CT) | Breast Imaging Center | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #31960
Ultrasound Technologist | Ultrasound | PRN / Per Diem | Job #31047
PICU Short-Term Contract Nurse | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2 | Job #31537
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit | Full Time | Job #21612
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) | Full Time, FIXED SHIFTS, Nights | Job #21511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) | Full Time | Job #17460