- Must be a graduate of an AMA-approved of radiology technology (ARRT), and advanced certification in MR is preferred.
- As part of their education, candidates must also demonstrate competency in didactic coursework and an ARRT-specified list of clinical procedures by completing competency requirements established for the discipline in which they are seeking certification and registration.
- Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists (RMRIT) or ARRT with advanced certification in MR and CPR certification.
Associates must comply with the ARRT or RMRIT rules and regulations and the ARRT or RMRIT Standards of Ethics.
- Note: MR Technologists hired prior to June 1, 2016 will be held to the education, training licensure, and/or certification or experience of the job description of record upon hire. Specifically, those hired prior to June 1, 2016 will not be required to obtain advanced certification in MR.
- Experience not required; however, one year of hospital-based MR experience is preferred.
- Must know or be able to learn transverse and cross-sectional anatomical and pathological presentations.
- Must be familiar with and able to perform and/or learn the technical operations associated with this modality.
- Must be able to work under stressful and emergent situations.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.