The incumbent in this position manages all operations of the assigned laboratory sections. Leads the assigned laboratory sections to ensure that proper procedures and tests are being performed. Serves as a resource to the technical staff and ensures quality control/quality assurance and regulatory compliance for the laboratory. Leads the management of the operation, personnel and financial activities of the assigned laboratory sections. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- BS degree required, preferably in Medical Laboratory Science or a related field.
- Master’s or equivalent preferred.
- Five to ten years of laboratory experience required, which includes three years in some type of supervisory/management role.
- Experience in an acute care hospital or healthcare facility preferred.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in laboratory operations.
- Able to set priorities and work under stress.
- Must be able to remain calm and tactful when resolving problems involving all levels of staff, patients, visitors, vendors, etc.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing conditions.
- ASCP, NCA, AMT, or ABHI certification required.
- Eligible candidates will be accepted and expected to sit and pass certification exam within the first 12 months of employment.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.