This position ensures deployment of patient equipment, supplies (durable and disposable) and the department environment. The position assists with identifying inventory needs, performs ventilator calibrations and collaborates with Biomedical to ensure scheduled preventative maintenance for ventilators is completed. They will assist with orientation, training and inventory processes for new hires and assist staff therapists and nurses as directed. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate with education and/or experience in maintaining and management of hospital equipment; AAS preferred.
- 1-2 years of healthcare experience preferred; medical equipment and/or inventory control.
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Proficiency in repairing of equipment.
- Working knowledge of medical and mechanical terminology and inventory skills.
- Demonstrates role model characteristics by accepting responsibility and accountability for decisions.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Joint Commission and Department of Health regulations.
- Ability to use personal computers, including the use of a word processor, spreadsheets and statistical packages.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.