BECOME AN INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY NURSE!
Are you a critical care nurse looking for an opportunity to expand your skills and build a new expertise? MedStar Georgetown will be offering an Interventional Radiology (IR) Training Course for experienced Critical Care Nurses. This one-of-a-kind training course will introduce nurses to the clinical practice of procedural nursing. The IR Training Course includes the following elements:
- Generalized Hospital, Nursing and Systems Orientation
- Ten-week departmental, competency-based orientation
- Personalized orientation schedule; one-on-one preceptorship
- Cross-training to all IR areas (including CT and MRI)
Interventional Radiology nurses are responsible for assessment and care of patients undergoing invasive procedures or receiving sedation in the Department of Radiology. IR nurses work collaboratively with all members of the interdisciplinary IR team and offer innovative diagnostic tests and lifesaving treatments for a diverse patient population.
In order to qualify for a position in the IR Training Course, you must have:
- A minimum of two years of hospital-based, critical care nursing experience (ICU, ED or PACU).
- Internal MGUH applicants must have worked in their current department for at least one year, exclusive of unit-based orientation
All candidates hired for the IR Training Course for Critical Care Nurses will be required to commit to one year of full-time employment in the IR Department, following completion of the training course.
If you have any questions or are interested in other nursing opportunities, please contact a Nurse Recruiter at 202-444-1215. We would also be happy to offer a share day to qualified, interested candidates.
- Minimum of two years experience in Critical Care, Emergency Care or PACU.
- BSN preferred.
- DC Nursing License upon hire.
- BLS required; ACLS and PALS required within 6 months of hire.
- EMR experience (Cerner) an asset.
- Knowledge of cardiac monitoring and arrhythmia recognition, invasive pressure monitoring, conscious sedation, emergency care, and comprehensive assessment skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills and commitment to patient safety.
- Flexibility and willingness to participate in a dynamic learning environment.
- Desire to participate in continuous performance improvement and collaborative governance.
- Monday through Friday, day shift.
- Rotating late stay and call requirements.
for Critical Care Nurses | ICU / ED RNs - Become a PACU Nurse at MGUH! | Full Time, Days, 3 12-Hour Shifts - Self-Scheduling | Job #30010