International Services Coordinator - Arabic
Advocacy & International Services
Full Time, 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Coordinates medical care and services for international patients, embassies and organizations. Advocates for these patients and families to ensure that needs are met, including language, cultural and logistical issues. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and GUH philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- BA or BS degree in a healthcare-related field.
- Medical interpreting proficiency in the target language and completion of medical interpreting training required.
- Certification in medical interpreting required. Eligible candidates will be accepted and expected to sit and pass certification exam within the first three months of employment.
- Minimum of four years of experience in healthcare, customer service or related field.
- Oral and written fluency in target language.
- Ability to identify and address obstacles to high-quality patient care and satisfaction.
- Demonstrated experience working with multicultural/international client base.
- Experience working within a culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to defuse stressful situations.
- Well-developed listening, interpretative and conciliation skills.
- Customer service/marketing experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Arabic, Language, Interpret, Interpreter, Interpretation, Translate, Translator, Translation, Advocacy, Advocate, Service
Child Life Education Specialist | Pediatrics - Child Life | Full Time, 8 AM - 5 PM | Job #32783
Anesthesia Technician I | Anesthesia | Full Time, Evenings | Job #32732
Echocardiographic Technologist | Echocardiography | Full Time, 7 AM - 4 PM | Job #32693
Electroneurodiagnostic Technician | Neurology | Full Time, 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday | Job #32666
Oncology Genetics Counselor | Hematology/Oncology | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #32556
Ophthalmic Technician | Ophthalmology | Full Time, Days | Job #32401
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department | Full Time, Days | Job #32334
Cardiovascular Technologist / Radiology Technologist | Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory | Full Time, Days | Job #32145
NICU Family Support Specialist | Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) | Part Time | Job #32765
Rehabilitation Technician | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Outpatient/Inpatient | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #32697