The incumbent in this position is a modality supervisor who participates in and facilitates the supervision of the operational, personnel and financial activities of the department section. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Graduate of AMA-approved school of radiology, nuclear medicine or ultrasound.
- Bachelor of Science in Radiology, Business or Heathcare Sciences is preferred.
- Six years of experience inclusive of minimum of three years of current directly related experience in diagnostic radiology with the balance in another radiology modality, plus one year of supervisory experience desirable.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification (CNMT), or Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (RDMS).
- Advanced certification in modality of supervision (i.e., vascular interventional (VI), cardiac interventional (CI), mammography (M), nuclear medicine (N), magnetic resonance (MR), sonography (S), computer tomography (CT), quality management (QM), bone density (BD)).
- CPR certification.
- IV and/or PICC certification, dependent on area of supervision.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards for radiation safety and/or to meet federal and professional requirements to maintain certification.
- Maintenance of QC activities related to the modality accreditation.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance and performance improvement.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, set priorities and maintain a calm disposition.
- Computer literacy with radiology information systems and common business applications.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.