As a strategic partner, aligns business objectives with management and associates in designated business units. Acts as business unit champion and change agent. Assesses and anticipates all human resources-related needs. Communicates needs proactively and formulates partnerships across the Human Resources functions and the organization to deliver value-added services to management and associates that reflect the business objectives of the organization. Serves as a consultant to management on human resources-related issues. Works collaboratively and seamlessly with other Human Resources partners to manage volume and absences as needed. These functions are performed in accordance all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology, Business Administration, or related area.
- Master's degree preferred.
- PHR, SPHR or other related certifications preferred.
- 3-5 years of professional human resources experience, preferably as an HR Generalist, preferably in a hospital or healthcare setting.
- Effective oral and written communications.
- Ability to think abstractly and analytically.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives to build and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships, leverage information and achieve results.
- Strong persuasion and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and guide group efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and manage multiple or ongoing programs/projects and to direct the related resources, personnel and activities.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to manage multiple business units in multiple locations and manage multiple conflicting priorities.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.