Performs a variety of administrative support functions for Human Resources that span the entire employee life cycle. Primary contact for all new hires to initiate and coordinate all onboarding activities to create a positive experience for new employees. Acts as receptionist for department, performing problem solving and research to answer most questions in person or via telephone. Prepares, modifies and routes reports and charts. Assists hospital department managers and employees with the resolution of payroll-related issues through interpretation of related policies and procedures, research and investigation, and collaboration with the MedStar Central Business Office (CBO) and the Human Resources department. Assists in projects and related administrative duties as assigned. Acts as liaison with MGUH Arlington building administrator as needed. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- EDUCATION/TRAINING: Associate's degree strongly preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: Three years of progressively responsible administrative experience, inclusive of one year of human resources or related occupational experience, preferably in a hospital or other healthcare setting.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer service skills and conflict-resolution skills. General knowledge of human resources policies and procedures, as well as hospital operations. Must have advanced Microsoft Office skills and Internet skills and be comfortable in learning and using new technology and computer hardware. Organizational skills, ability to effectively prioritize workload, and ability to handle multiple deadlines and projects required.
Consideration will be given to an appropriate combination of education/training and experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates a positive and seamless experience for all new hires by acting as point of contact to facilitate all onboarding functions. Interacts with departments and stakeholders as needed.
- Maintains all employment administrative activities, which includes, but is not limited to, updating vacancy listings; generating, modifying and routing reports from the applicant tracking system (ATS); maintaining human resource statistical information, such as vacancy data for MGUH and MedStar; and maintenance of all master lists and tables within ATS.
- Ensures compliance with licensing policy, communicating with departments and employees to ensure safe patient care.
- Responds to inquiries via telephone and in person to include, but not limited to, candidate status, employee and manager self-service, benefits, payroll, unemployment, etc. Assesses caller's needs and performs necessary problem solving to answer most inquiries, routing problems to ensure high level of customer service.
- Participates, either individually and/or with the team, in the continuous assessment of customer needs, the delivery of HR services, the effectiveness of those services, and customer satisfaction.
- Provides customer service and administrative support in the research, collection and resolution of customer service inquiries. Acts as liaison between hospital department managers, Human Resources and the CBO for the purpose of resolving payroll/time and labor-related issues and concerns.
- Performs searches for applicants with member databases as requested by HR generalist. Maintains a relationship with account representatives to facilitate quick problem resolution and perform sourcing activities for applicants in the most efficient and successful manner. Coordinates and attends job events as appropriate.
- Processes and monitors the distribution of payroll checks, related payroll reports, address changes, wage verifications, unemployment compensation reporting, and workers' compensation wage information.
- Prepares and maintains employee files, ensuring compliance and adherence to deadlines. Conducts periodic audits to ensure accuracy and high quality of maintenance.
- Maintains relationship with various account representatives to facilitate quick problem resolution. Functions as liaison to building administrator. Maintains labor law postings in HR offices and satellites. Distributes mail.
- Provides HR generalists and departmental team members with special projects support and other administrative support duties, as required. Supervises and coordinates the work of students/volunteers as needed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area.
The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.