Heating & A/C Controls Mechanic
Full Time, Rotating Shifts
The incumbent in this position provides patients, families of patients, visitors and medical center employees with a pleasant, comfortable, safe, functional, and aesthetically attractive environment consistent with the standards established by Georgetown University Hospital, the District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA), and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Integrates engineering principles and technologies of mechanical (HVAC) systems, electrical systems, electronics, and computer hardware and software in installation, operation, inspection, preventative maintenance, and repair. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate; Associate's degree in Electronics.
- One year of formal schooling in distributed digital controls and electronic controls.
- District of Columbia 3rd class operator's License or Trade Masters.
- A minimum of four years of responsible experience in the field of HVAC controls, three of which must be in pneumatic and/or electronic devices. Experience must antecede formal schooling or training as demonstrated by completion certificates.
- One year of experience in distributed direct digital controls and electronic controls.
- Must be able to use direct digital controls diagnostic computer, electronic test equipment, control test bench and related diagnostic equipment.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
- High self-management ability; within guidelines, must be able to plan and prioritize own work to estimate and allocate time needed to perform tasks and to solicit assistance when needed.
- Capacity to exercise independent judgment, when to perform, when to consult, and when to defer to other resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed for consultation with members of own work group for cooperation of rest of department and for maintaining outstanding customer relations.
- Requires knowledge, understanding and ability to observe safety rules, procedures and practices, including the proper use of safety equipment as defined by OSHA and industry standards.
- Ability to identify and avoid hazards as indicated by warning labels, signage, lights, and other warning devices.
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with customers and co-workers.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, ClinicalFacilities, Facility, Operations, Ops, Skilled Trade, Trades, Install, Installation, Maintenance, Repair, HVAC, Electrical, Electronics, Air Conditioning
Patient Navigator | Otolaryngology | Full-Time, Days | Job #32589
Distribution Specialist | Supply Chain - Administration | Full Time, 3 PM - 11:30 PM | Job #32574
Distribution Specialist | Supply Chain - Administration | Full Time, 7 AM - 3:30 PM | Job #32576
Guest Services Associate | Guest Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32577
Guest Services Associate | Guest Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32484
Environmental Care Associate | Environmental Services | Full Time, 3 PM -11:30 PM | Job #32433
Procedural Area Materials Technician | Materials Management | Full Time, Nights | Job #32277
Biomedical Equipment Specialist II | Biomedical Engineering | Job #31930
Environmental Care Associate | Environmental Services | Part Time, Days, Rotating, 7am-3:30pm | Job #32430
Environmental Care Associate | Environmental Services | Part Time, Days, Rotating, 7am-3:30pm | Job #32427