Health Physics Technician
Part Time, 8am-12pm, Monday-Friday
Perform daily technical health physics duties and functions as defined by the Radiation Safety Officer. The functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and organizational Radiation Safety Manual's policies and procedures, as well as MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Trained as a Health Physics Technician.
- Associate's degree in health physics preferred.
- Certification in Radioactive Materials Shipment preferred.
- At least one (1) year of experience in hospital health physics operations.
- NRC-approved training in hazmat radioactive materials and equipment preferred.
- Ability to understand and interpret governmental rules and regulations.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including oral and written communications and organizational and time-management skills required.
- Knowledge of and experience with computer skills.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Isotopes, Physics, Physicist, Radiation, Safety
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department, G-CCC | Full Time, Days | Job #32456
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department | Full Time, Nights | Job #32833
Child Life Education Specialist | Pediatrics - Child Life | Full Time, 8 AM - 5 PM | Job #32783
Cardiovascular Technologist / Radiology Technologist | Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory | Full Time, Days | Job #32145
Surgical Liaison | Surgical Services Administration | Part Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32894
NICU Family Support Specialist | Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) | Part Time | Job #32765
Rehabilitation Technician | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Outpatient/Inpatient | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #32697
Ophthalmic Technician | Ophthalmology | PRN / Per Diem, Days, As Needed | Job #32559
Surgical Liaison | Surgical Administration | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #30934
Clinical Technician | Surgery Center | Full Time, Evenings | Job #32729