Perform daily technical health physics duties and functions as defined by the Radiation Safety Officer. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and organizational Radiation Safety Manual's policies and procedures, as well as MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Trained as a Health Physics Technician.
- Associate's degree in Health Physics preferred.
- Certification in Radioactive Materials Shipment preferred.
- At least one (1) year of experience in hospital health physics operations.
- NRC-approved training in hazmat radioactive materials and equipment preferred.
- Ability to understand and interpret governmental rules and regulations.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including oral and written communications, and organizational and time management skills required.
Knowledge and experience with computer skills.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.