Guest Service Associates at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital serve as the first impression to all customers. Greets customers promptly with a warm reception and eagerness to serve, while maintaining a patient/visitor-focused environment. Looks up procedure locations and personally escorts guests to appropriate settings, explaining available services and apologizing for delays or concerns as appropriate. Maintains professionalism at all times. Provides information to patients, visitors and personnel regarding the hospital, including, but not limited to, wayfinding for inpatient/outpatient clinics and services, providing written and verbal directions, and arranging transport via escort, as needed. Performs general clerical and receptionist functions, as needed. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- At minimum a high school diploma is required.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in customer service related field preferred.
- General receptionist, secretarial, data entry, or concierge experience is preferred.
- Customer service training.
- Ability to read and write in English fluently.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- 25 wpm typing.
- Computer skills sufficient to navigate the internet, Microsoft Office suite, Invision, Centricity, and Amalga.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a potentially stressful environment, organize work and be self-directed.
- Ability to facilitate positive outcomes in all scenarios.
- Team player able to support colleagues as needed to service visitors and others.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.