Guest Services Associate
Full Time, Days
Guest Services Associates at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital serve as the first impression to all customers. Greets customers promptly with a warm reception and eagerness to serve while maintaining a patient/visitor-focused environment. Looks up procedure locations and personally escorts guests to appropriate settings, explaining available services and apologizing for delays or concerns as appropriate. Maintains professionalism at all times. Provides information to patients, visitors and personnel regarding the Hospital, including, but not limited to, wayfinding for inpatient/outpatient clinics and services, providing written and verbal directions, and arranging transport via escort, as needed. Performs general clerical and receptionist functions, as needed. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- At minimum a high school diploma is required.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in customer service-related field preferred.
- General receptionist, secretarial, data entry, or concierge experience is preferred.
- Customer service training.
- Ability to read and write English fluently.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- 25 wpm typing.
- Computer skills sufficient to navigate the Internet, Microsoft Office suite, Invision, Centricity, and Amalga.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a potentially stressful environment, organize work and be self-directed.
- Ability to facilitate positive outcomes in all scenarios.
- Team player; able to support colleagues as needed to service visitors and others.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Customer Service, Greet, Greeter, Administrative Assistant, Admin Asst, Receptionist, Scheduler, Scheduling, Schedule, Clerk, Clerical, Secretary, Secretarial
Distribution Specialist | Supply Chain - Administration | Full-Time, Evenings, 3pm-11:30pm | Job #32574
Distribution Specialist | Supply Chain - Administration | Full-Time, Days, 7am-3:30pm | Job #32576
Guest Services Associate | Guest Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32577
Environmental Care Associate | Environmental Services | Full Time, 3 PM -11:30 PM | Job #32433
Operating Room Case Cart Technician | Materials Management | Full Time, Nights | Job #32271
Procedural Area Materials Technician | Materials Management | Full Time, Nights | Job #32277
Biomedical Equipment Specialist II | Biomedical Engineering | Job #31930
Heating & A/C Controls Mechanic | Maintenance Services | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #31528
Environmental Care Associate | Environmental Services | Part Time, Nights, Rotating, 11pm-7:30am | Job #32437
Environmental Care Associate | Environmental Services | Part Time, Days, Rotating, 7am-3:30pm | Job #32427