The incumbent in this position is a manager who provides parking operational support and guidance to the Vice President of Operations. He/she will facilitate the day-to-day administration of the operations, personnel and financial activity of the hospital's parking resources. They will ensure the provision of a pleasant, comfortable, safe, functional, and aesthetically attractive parking experience/environment consistent with the standards established by MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. The incumbent maintains effective communications and working relationships with all Hospital management and customers alike. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Three to five years of customer service experience, inclusive of supervisory experience.
- Experience in a large parking facility desirable with knowledge and skill in basic office and parking equipment.
- Hospital management experience desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Ability to set priorities and work in a stressful environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Must be able to set priorities and organize activities in various locations.
- Must have good computer skills, including word processing and database management.
- Ability to formulate and manage operational budgets.
Must be customer-focused with a service attitude.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.