General Summary of Position:
Performs a variety of functions within the department, which includes dish room, sanitation, cash operations, line server, preparation/maintenance, and/or delivery of nourishment or trays to ensure accuracy and expediency of food service to patients and customers.
Food Service Worker I
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) desirable.
- Completion of eighth grade education required.
- Three months to a year of experience in public contact or hospital food service.
Food Service Worker II
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Completion of Sanitation and Food Handlers course required.
- One to two years of food preparation experience.
- Large-scale food preparation and/or hospital dietary experience desirable.
- Catering experience preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of foods, their preparation and serving etiquette.
- Ability to handle heavy workload.
- Basic knowledge of sanitary methods used in food preparation. Knowledge of safety precautions and procedures in cooking food.
- Must be able to follow directions, understand written and oral instructions, and have basic mathematical skills.
- Must be courteous and tactful in dealing with customers.
- Must be to able to exercise good judgment and initiative in satisfying customer requests.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.