Food Service Worker II
Food & Nutrition Services
Sets up and prepares food for catering events. Maintains all equipment in sanitary manner, per HACCP guidelines. Acts as liaison between Food Services and specific nursing units, hospital staff, and external customers of the hospital. Handles customer service complaints and informs management of problems or concerns. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Completion of Sanitation and Food Handlers course required.
- One to two years of food preparation experience.
- Large-scale food preparation and/or hospital dietary experience desirable.
- Catering experience preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of foods, their preparation and serving etiquette.
- Ability to handle heavy workload.
- Basic knowledge of sanitary methods used in food preparation.
- Knowledge of safety precautions and procedures in cooking food.
- Must be able to follow directions, understand written and oral instructions, and have basic mathematical skills.
- Must be courteous and tactful in dealing with customers.
- Must be to able to exercise good judgment and initiative in satisfying customer requests.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Cafeteria, Cafe, Food Service Worker, Restaurant, Catering, Customer Service, Food Preparation, Prep, Meal, Kitchen, Nutrition, Diet, Dietary, ServSafe