Food Service Worker II
Food & Nutrition Services
Full Time, Rotating 6:30am-6:30pm / 12:30pm-8:30pm
Responsible for patient meal food service on assigned units, e.g., menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick-up, special requests and needs, and in-between meal food delivery. Communicates patient food issues/concerns and needs to appropriate persons within the Food and Nutrition department. Interacts with nursing personnel with regard to patient nutrition needs or requirements. Assist Dietitian with monitoring of patients' NPO, clear liquid and full liquid diets and records food intake for patients on intake analysis. Sets up, prepares and delivers food for catering events. Acts as a liaison between Food Services, the hospital staff and external customers. Sets up, prepares, delivers, and serves to retail customers in the Brown Bag and CCC cafeterias and the physician lounges. Handles customer service complaints and informs management of problems or concerns. Operates cash registers in compliance with cash-handling procedures. Maintains all equipment in a safe and sanitary manner in compliance with HACCP guidelines and all applicable laws and regulatory agency regulations. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Completion of Sanitation and Food Handlers course preferred.
- One to two years of food preparation experience.
- Large-scale food preparation and/or hospital dietary experience desirable.
- Catering experience preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of foods, their preparation and serving etiquette.
- Ability to handle heavy workload.
- Basic knowledge of sanitary methods used in food preparation.
- Knowledge of safety precautions and HACCP procedures in cooking food preferred.
- Must be able to follow directions, understand written and oral instructions, and have basic mathematical skills.
- Must be courteous and tactful in dealing with customers.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and initiative in satisfying customer requests.
- Must meet competency requirements for patient dietary needs.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Cafeteria, Cafe, Food Service Worker, Restaurant, Catering, Customer Service, Food Preparation, Prep, Meal, Kitchen, Nutrition, Diet, Dietary, ServSafe
Cook | Food & Nutrition Services | Full Time, Rotating 8:30am-5pm to 10am-6:30pm | Job #32541
Food Service Worker II | Food & Nutrition Services | Part Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32320
PICU Short-Term Contract Nurse | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2 | Job #31537
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit | Full Time | Job #21612
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) | Full Time, FIXED SHIFTS, Nights | Job #21511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) | Full Time | Job #17460
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Intermediate Vascular / Telemetry Medical/Surgical Unit, 4 East | Full Time, Rotating Shifts with Opportunity for Fixed Shifts | Job #15511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant - 2 Bles | Full Time | Job #15874
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neuroscience Specialty Unit | Full Time | Job #18852