Full Time, Days
The Financial Coordinator supports the research and clinical efforts of the faculty members of the Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine. The Financial Coordinator should work independently to carry out all administrative needs for faculty members conducting research, including the organization of new study initiations, follow-up and data entry. The candidate will also support the clinical practice in financial planning and tracking, charge entry and optimizing reimbursement.
- Bachelor's degree in Health Services Administration, Finance or a health care-related field is required.
- Experience in finance as well as clinical research.
- Clinical experience may include human relations, analytical tasks and research to define areas of pertinent information for the Principal Investigator.
- Must demonstrate excellence in patient interaction.
- Must possess demonstrated skill in communication and organization.
- 3-5 years of related occupational experience is preferred. Education in lieu of experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Ability to communicate clearly and to read and understand information about departmental requirements.
- Attention to detail.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Skilled in using various software applications that can assemble, manipulate and format data and reports (i.e., spreadsheets, relational databases and graphics packages).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat and other online applications.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis software is preferred.
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills.
- Must have able to multitask and prioritize workload, handle difficult situations and interact with the senior leadership, as well as the general constituency.
- The candidate will be required to assist with administrative tasks in an office environment, as well as work on an interpersonal level with clinical subjects.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, AP, AR, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Collection, Collections, Accounting, Finance, Financial, Billing, Payment, Bill, Insurance, A/R, A/P, GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Accountant, Audit, Auditing, Auditor, Analysis, Analyst, Business, Lead, Leader, Manager, Manage, Supervisor, Supervisory, Coordinator, Coordinate
Patient Financial Associate | Patient Access | Full-Time, Days | Job #32580
Central Scheduling Associate | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #32579
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32555
Patient Services Coordinator | Otolaryngology | Full Time, Days | Job #32554
Patient Account Analyst II | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32550
Customer Service Representative | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32551
Patient Registration Associate | Various Departments | Full Time, Days, Monday-Friday | Job #32468
Financial Coordinator | Post Transplant Surgery | Full Time, Days | Job #32459
Patient Services Coordinator | Post Transplant Surgery | Full Time, 8am to 12pm to 4:30pm | Job #32414
Senior Financial Analyst | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Outpatient/Inpatient | Full Time, Days | Job #32394