Executive Director, Oncology Services
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
Full Time, Days
The incumbent in this position is an Executive Director of Oncology Services for the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center. The incumbent has hospital-wide responsibilities and is expected to appraise, forecast and determine a desired set of future conditions and strategies required to achieve the goals and objectives of the organization. The Executive Director of Oncology Services provides leadership, direction and operational management to the Lombardi Comprehensive (LCCC) clinical services in accordance with the mission, policies and philosophy of MGUH. He/she will ensure accountability to operational, strategic and financial objectives of the oncology service line and services with clearly defined time frames and accountabilities. Working closely with the executive team of GUH, medical faculty and associated voluntary medical staff, they will identify programs, services and associated competencies required to build and expand oncology programs and services of MGUH and LCCC. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- MHA, MBA or MS in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Public Health Administration, or a related field is required.
- Five to seven years of experience in oncology management and/or large physician practice management preferred.
- Experience with an NCI-designated oncology program is highly preferred.
- Ability to function effectively in a highly political environment requiring high levels of diplomacy and sound judgment and the ability to manage through influence in a matrix environment.
- Knowledge of oncology, physician practice management, healthcare payment systems, and sound financial management practices.
- Demonstrates motivation and initiative in seeking continued professional growth and development.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulation.
- Ability to develop strategic and operational plans.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and participative way.
- Ability to influence people in their opinions, attitudes, beliefs, and decisions.
- Ability to make decisions based on verifiable and/or measurable data or criteria.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships.
- Ability to negotiate and mediate complex and often competing interests.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to diverse audiences.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Oncology, Cancer, Manager, Management, Executive, Administrator, MBA, Master's, Business Administration, MHA, Healthcare Administration, Operations, Finance, Personnel
Administrator III | Obstetrics / Gynecology Administration | Full Time, Days | Job #32532
Administrator I | Department of Medicine | Full Time, Days | Job #32524
Administrator II | Plastic Surgery at MedStar Washington Hospital Center | Full Time, 8:30am-5pm, Monday-Friday | MedStar Washington Hospital Center | Job #32114
Hospitalist / Assistant Director - Hospital Medicine | Hospital Medicine - Southern Maryland | Full Time | MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center | Job #32138
PICU Short-Term Contract Nurse | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2 | Job #31537
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Intermediate Vascular / Telemetry Medical/Surgical Unit, 4 East | Full Time, Rotating Shifts with Opportunity for Fixed Shifts | Job #15511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant - 2 Bles | Full Time | Job #15874
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neuroscience Specialty Unit | Full Time | Job #18852
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit | Full Time | Job #21612
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) | Full Time, FIXED SHIFTS, Nights | Job #21511